Respect The Season You’re In….
Life is comprised of a series of seasons. Some are great, some are moderate, while others… are full of lessons. Regardless of where you find yourself today, it’s important to respect the season that you’re in. What do I mean by this? It’s actually a really simple concept. If you’re a young entrepreneur, or even an experienced one with a new venture in the works, it may not be the best season to dine “out ” on a regular basis. This particular season that you find yourself in, may require some sacrifice. That may look like- cooking all of your meals each week for a few months to reduce your spending. It just depends, but one of biggest mistakes we can make in life, is not respecting where we are. It’s going to vary from person to person, and even from season to season, so we must take note. Here are a few quick steps to ensure we stay on track.
- Take inventory. What goal/goals are set before you?
- What will it take for you to reach it/them (goal/goals?) Make a list of specific steps, tools, etc. needed.
- Discipline yourself! Sacrifice will be required on your part to attain it/them.
- Example #1- This could include a set budget. If so, you might have to identify ways to create an additional stream of income to boost monthly earnings, find ways to cut back on weekly spending to beef up savings, or you may have to allocate a certain amount of funds you currently have to go towards the execution of the project.
- Example #2- If you’re training for a competition, your diet and workout will be more intense. It may require you to cut back to one “cheat” day a month with your meal plan, as well as call for double duty at the gym.
- Example #3- It may be a time of standing still, and waiting for next steps. Standing still doesn’t literally mean no movement in this case. It actually may require you to fast and pray, seek out a mentor/coaching, and/or gain new information in your field, or study a new trade altogether. This course of action just means you’re moving while you’re “waiting” for things to fall into place. Certain times in some seasons will call for us to do this.
Operating within the appropriate season is crucial. Let’s take me for example. Right now I’m called to different places, so it wouldn’t behoove me to try and lug around all of my belongings from place to place. It’s a season of scaling back, so I’m learning that I should only pack what’s needed. Thus, it forces me to maximize the minimal, be disciplined in my on- the- road habits, and to think creatively. There are numerous other examples that can be used here. Just replace with your current set of circumstances and proceed. Review the scenario, create a useful plan of action, and execute. Watch your dreams come to fruition. It’s going to take some work. At times ALOT of it…but it’ll be so worth it!
It’s a “season” on the move for me…